Aims, Ethos and Values
At Grange Primary School our aims are:
- To develop the skills and knowledge of our children of Grange to enable them to contribute positively, with confidence and consideration, to society and the world we live in
- To develop the skills and knowledge of our children of Grange to enable them to be safe in their lives and make good choices that keep themselves and those around them safe
- To develop the skills and knowledge of our children of Grange to enable them to enjoy the experience of engaging in learning
- To develop the skills and knowledge of our children of Grange to enable them to make positive choices that keep them healthy and happy
- To develop the skills and knowledge of our children of Grange to enable them to gain the qualities of resilience, perseverance and endurance to succeed in their endeavours
- To develop the skills and knowledge of our children of Grange to enable them to build their futures through the character strength of problem – solving and lifelong learning
We call this our CC way -. Developing our powers of confidence and consideration in harmonious balance through our educational provision specifically our curriculum and school environment.
We strive together as a school community with the highest expectations of ourselves and each other. Our goal is to create a purposeful, harmonious, joyous, caring atmosphere in which children will thrive, learn and grow well. As a school we are committed to:
‘Learning Together, Respecting Each Other, Achieving Our Potential’.
At Grange Primary School we do:
- Place confidence and consideration at the heart of learning and teaching
- Believe in restorative practice and practise restoration when things go wrong
- Appreciate behaviour as feedback communication and we work to determine the underlying need expressed through the behaviour and then find a more constructive alternative to meet the underlying need which will help everyone improve their social skills and relationship interactions.
- Use the power of reflection to learn from mistakes and grow from these setbacks
- Strive to make learning vivid, fun, relevant and real – hands on and memorable
- Work to ensure all learners succeed in an environment that is inclusive – welcoming all with dignity
- Affirm children and celebrate effort and positive attitude
- Aim high and set high standards appropriate for each child according to their starting points
- Plan and adapt teaching to learning needs of each child
- Value and relate to children as individuals as themselves, empowering them to develop a positive, confident sense of self with respect and appreciation for others
- Teach the children to learn from mistakes, practise forgiveness and believe in second chances
- Believe that curiosity and welcoming questions is key to learning
- Involve children in their own learning and progress and give them voice to shape the curriculum and school environment.
- Use both the indoors of the classroom and the outdoors of the school grounds to facilitate learning across the curriculum.
- Value and celebrate our rich diversity; welcoming each member of our community as themselves
- See the school as a learning community where everyone works hard, contributes and enjoys the experience of being part of our community
- See our school as a place to raise and nurture healthy, happy and valued children who will contribute towards a humane, caring future for our planet