This policy is in line with the London Child Protection Procedures www.londonscb.gov.uk, “Working Together to Safeguard Children” (2015) and ‘What to do if you are worried a child is being abused’ (2015).
This policy applies to all adults, including volunteers, working in or on behalf of the school.
Everyone working in or for our school service shares an objective to help keep children and young people safe by contributing to:
- providing a safe environment for children and young people to learn and develop in our school setting, and
- identifying children and young people who are suffering or likely to suffer significant harm, and taking appropriate action with the aim of making sure they are kept safe both at home and in our school setting
Grange Primary School is committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of all of its pupils. Each pupil’s welfare is of paramount importance.
We recognise that:
- Some children may be especially vulnerable to abuse
- Children who are abused or neglected may find it difficult to develop a sense of self worth and to view the world in a positive way. Whilst at school, their behaviour may be challenging
- Children can be victims and perpetrators of abuse
- Children who harm others may have been abused themselves
- Allegations can be made against staff, however careful and safe our recruitment practices.
The Designated Senior Person (DSP) is: Mrs Michelle Mensah, The Deputy Safeguarding Person is: Mrs Karen Kennedy
The Nominated Safeguarding Governor is: Dr Catherine McNamara, the Deputy Safeguarding Person is: Mrs Zohra Khaku